Keeping pests out of your home in the first place is the best way to control a pest problem in your area. If you fear you may have a pest problem, contact our pest control in Las Vegas. We can help you eradicate pest problems and keep your home looking fresh. However, it’s wise to keep the pests out before they arrive! Read on to find out some tips on how to do this.
- Take out your trash every day. Do not leave your trash in your home overnight. This includes all trash cans, not just the kitchen.
- Keep fruit in refrigerator – especially when ripe.
- Keep the sink clean – wash dishes every day. If you cannot clean the dishes, at least fill the sink with soap and water.
- Keep your floors clean – wipe up any spills that may happen immediately using soap and water and not just a rag. Clean the entire flooring at least once a week and the kitchen floor at least twice a week.
- Keep a tight lid on food – make sure all food and beverages that are kept outside of the fridge are tightly sealed. Keep bags of cereal, grains, and seeds in sealed containers that pests can’t eat through.
- Seal up your house – use caulk to seal up any cracks on baseboards, pipes, ducts, cabinets, and other fittings inside of the home. Check all doors, windows, and any visible cracks.
- Keep the outside of your home free and clear – do not stack wood next to the home and do not leave piles of leaves around your yard. Keep plants cut back so pests cannot climb up and access your home. Keep gutters free of leaves and other debris.
- Keep pets clean – brushing, bathing, and using tick and flea protection will remove pests.
- Keep things dry – make sure the kitchens, laundry rooms, and bathrooms are dry. Fix leaks and wipe up spills or splashes immediately.
- Pay attention to what you bring into the home – many people bring insects or eggs into the home without realizing it, in fruits and vegetables. Bags or boxes that are used to bring home these items can harbor pests or eggs. Once inside your home, they may multiply and cause infestations. German roaches are especially prone to brought in this way.
These tips are a great starting point, though not guaranteed to keep out all pests. If you are having problems even after following each of these tips, you may want to seek the help of a professional. We offer the highest quality services that will allow you to eradicate your pest problem completely. Contact us today if you have pest control questions. Our experts will come in, evaluate your problem, and tell you how best to remove it. We can offer you a variety of methods that will help you rid your home of pests.
For more pest control tips, click here.